Monday, July 28, 2008

Eqypt-Luxor






Our next stop is Luxor, there are so many great sites to visit at Luxor. The West bank consist of the Valley of the Kings/Queens. We ended up in Happy Hostel, highly rated by Lonely Planet and hostelworld.  The owner was really friendly initially, but after we told him that we are checking out 1 day earlier, his attitude changed!  At the hostel we sign up for a tour to the valley of the King.  You pay lesser for the tour if there are more people going. We manage to rope in a French couples to join us......who soon became our travelling companion for the rest of our trip in Egypt.


Together with Gayle and Vincent we visited The Temple Karnak, Deiral-Bahri (Hatshepsut) and Medinat Habu (Ramses III). we got along fine and decide that we should also travel together to Hurgarda too.




3 comments:

Tony said...

WOW! thats all i can say. Egypt looks so amazing, Ive been wanting to go for a very long time now. I think im gonna go in two years, or so. ( I take a trip every summer.) Ill make sure i check back before then :) Hey i also found a site i think you might like, its called baraaza.com check it out :)

. said...

Hi Tony,

Yes it was really amazing! You really have to be there to experience this amazement. We also got the opportunity to experience our very first dive at the Red Sea. We love it!
Do plan to do that when you are there. And thanks for your reccomendation.
We love to travel too and are already planning our next trip to maldives and Sri Lanka!

Joseph Orr said...

hello! My name is Kaylyn (i'm on my dads google account) and when I found your blog it was just what I was looking for! I am a college student and plan to travel with a friend right after I graduate. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling me how your route went and how much money was spent. I have no one else to ask and am so curious!! I am planning to take your same trip it sounds amazing! Would you mind e-mailing me at kaylyn_orr@yahoo.com? thank you!!!!!!!!!